Information and public relations
The APM is always available as a contact partner on the subject of product and brand piracy.
Registration for the press distribution list
Produkt- und Markenpiraterie e. V. (APM)
- APM Press Release: Online trade particularly affected by product piracy. EU Commission and EUIPO publish IPR enforcement statistics for 2021, 16. December 2022 (PDF)
- APM Press Release: Black Friday – a dark day for consumers? The German Anti-Counterfeiting Association warns against fake bargains, 25. November 2022 (PDF)
- APM Press Release: Digital Services Act should help fight counterfeiting, loopholes remain, 05. July 2022 (PDF)
- APM Press Release: New Study on the World Anti-Counterfeiting Day: Young people often deliberately buy counterfeits, 08. June 2022 (PDF)
- APM Press Release: Beware of online retailers at Christmas. Do you know your trading partner?, 13. December 2021 (PDF)
- APM Press Release: Product and trademark piracy on the rise EU Commission and EUIPO publish statistics on the enforcement of intellectual property rights, 30. November 2021 (PDF)
- APM Press Release on Digital Services Act: The dark side of the online boom. Online shopping must finally become safer, 09. November 2021 (PDF)
- APM Presse Release: Product and brand piracy endangers consumers and companies – New EUIPO awareness campaign, 08. June 2021 (PDF)
- APM Press Release: Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the Christmas shopping season should ring alarm bells, 24. November 2020 (PDF)
- APM Press Release: EUIPO study reveals alarming extent of product and brand piracy – Online shopping in times of COVID-19 has its own risks, 10. June 2020 (PDF)
Every year, counterfeit goods worth approximately 120 billion euros are imported into the EU. One in ten Europeans has unintentionally acquired a counterfeit at least once in the last 12 months, one third is unsure at least. You can find more facts and figures in our Facts & Figures section:
Factsheet on product and brand piracy (PDF)
APM travelling exhibition
The APM travelling exhibition “Schöner Schein – Dunkler Schatten” (Nice Appearance – Dark Shadows) contrasts original products and counterfeits, thus informing consumers on the subject of product and brand piracy. If you are interested in our traveling exhibition, please contact us.
Customs authorities in the EU have recently classified more than 40 percent of counterfeits as potentially dangerous. However, it is often difficult for consumers to detect counterfeits. Here you will find visual material to illustrate the problems with counterfeit products.